Aetna Health Insurance members can now make premium payments online or by phone
Great news! Members of Aetna health insurance Advantage Plans for Individuals, Families and the Self-Employed have two new convenient options to pay their monthly premium.
At no extra cost, they can pay online or by calling an automated phone
number. These options are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To pay by phone—Members can call 1-866-350-7644 and follow the instructions to pay with their debit or credit card.
To make a one-time payment online—Members can go to AetnaMemberResources, click “Billing”, and then “Pay your premium online by debit/credit card or from your checking account.” Next they have to enter:
Their account number and invoice number
Their contact information
Payment method information
Who can use these new payment options?
- Individual pre-65 members who have a plan effective date after May, 2005.
- Members with effective dates prior to May, 2005, must continue paying as they do today, by paper or electronic funds transfer (EFT). Aetna expects to enable the phone and online payment options for them in early 2010.
Things to know
- To have an online or phone payment processed the same day, information must be submitted before 6PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Aetna health insurance will continue to accept paper checks and EFT payments.
- This new online option is for one-time payments only. To set up recurring automatic payments, members must sign up for Easy Pay.